June 29th, 2016
Musician Carlos Santana is scheduled to perform in Tel Aviv on July 30. Santana is committed to the welfare of children and founded the Milagro Foundation in 1998, whose name means miracle and was inspired by the image of children as divine miracles of light and hope. On June 28, staff at the foundation’s office refused to open the door when a delegation, including local Palestinian families with children, attempted to deliver a petition signed by 25,000 people urging him to cancel.
In 2010 Santana honored the call from Palestinian civil society for cultural boycott and cancelled a planned concert. Join the efforts to calling on him to respect the boycott call once again!
Watch and share this powerful video urging him to stand on the right side of history.
- Click here to post this tweet with a link to the video: @SantanaCarlos You publicly stand for children. Israel massacred 550 in 2014. Stand against that. #BelieveInMiracles
Post these memes on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, and other social networks. Use #BelieveInMiracles.
There are also sample tweets included, which you can automatically tweet by clicking on them. The messages can also be posted on his Facebook page.
- Santana you founded @Milagro_kids for welfare of children. Palestinian kids need you to stand for them & cancel Tel Aviv. #BelieveInMiracles
- In 2014 Israel destroyed 150,000 housing units in Gaza. Santana, help end this destruction of homes by boycotting! #BelieveInMiracles
- @SantanaCarlos Palestinian children are miracles too! #BelieveInMiracles and Cancel Tel Aviv. cc @Milagro_kids
- In 2014 Israel bombed 450 education facilities in Gaza. Santana, boycott & help end these attacks on schooling! #BelieveInMiracles
- Israel has killed 1,800 Palestinian children since 2000. Don’t entertain this brutality @SantanaCarlos. #BelieveInMiracles
More Sample Tweets:
- #Israel Detains 700 Miracles Annually. Santana Cancel Your Concert & Stand For Palestinian Children! #BelieveInMiracles
- @SantanaCarlos respected boycott call in 2010. Situation for Palestinians has worsened. Cancel now! #BelieveInMiracles
- Do you #BelieveInMiracles @SantanaCarlos? Then don’t play apartheid Israel! Still time to be on the right side.
- 25,000 people are urging Santana to respect Palestinian call & cancel upcoming Tel Aviv concert. #BelieveInMiracles
- Children of Palestine among most vulnerable worldwide. @SantanaCarlos #BelieveInMiracles & Cancel Tel Aviv!
- If you “support peace” & “the rights of children,” don’t let Israel use your art to whitewash occupation. @SantanaCarlos #BelieveInMiracles
- At critical moments, artists are called to take a stand. This one of the moments, Cancel your Israel gig @SantanaCarlos. #BelieveInMiracles